More Or Les is a high-intensity, twice daily gym workout — but for actors. You get to attend up to, 40-60 minute classes per day (that’s about 40 classes each month!) and can join all of them or just build a class schedule that works for you.
- Length of each class: 40–60-minutes,
- Frequency: usually two classes per day,
- When: Weekdays, generally between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm Pacific time,
- Where: Zoom,
- Teachers: Lesly and LK&Co. Faculty with the occasional special guest or two,
- Level: Ongoing,
- Participants: those who have completed at least one month of Ongoing Class (detailed prerequisites below), and
- Material: is posted the day before each class,
- Cost: shockingly low. Insanely low. Like, SO much less than coffee — anywhere.
And don’t worry, our Ongoing Classes are still the bedrock of our foundation. More Or Les (aka “MOL”) simply provides a fast-paced, freakishly low-priced alternative (or add-on, if you like) to our other classes.
MOL actors say it’s like bootcamp for your auditions and acting. You get to work on two auditions and several roles everyday, so your real auditions and self-tapes become far less precious, and your work on set becomes far less terrifying and unpredictable and – dare we say it? MUCH more fun and effortless.
“I remember when I shot my first guest star on a major network show. Everything was new and fresh and exciting. I was thrilled and terrified. For me, it was the greatest day of my life! For everyone else? It was Tuesday.” – A VERY loose paraphrase of something actor/screenwriter Ryan Raddatz once said
MOL is for actors who
- don’t have time for a long, weekly, in-depth, personalized Ongoing class and rehearsals, but still want to stay in the game by expanding their skills, improving their habits, functioning within a community, and deepening those new neural pathways,
- are in Ongoing Class but want/need additional daily accountability, and
- want to learn but do not have time to fully prepare and perform.
Here is a smattering of some of the mind-blowing feedback we’ve received:
- I haven’t booked in forever, and I booked a job!
- My reps are so much happier with my work now. They say my tapes are getting great response from casting!
- Bootcamp without the torture!
- I LOVE the structure of the class. It’s no bullshit. No wasting time. No feelings. It’s great.
- Even just from watching MOL classes for the past few month, now I’m cringing at things I missed in some of my recent work. Grrrrr!!! At least I can see my weak spots more clearly thanks to MOL! THANK YOU, LES!!!!
- Having the rotating teachers feels like going in for different CDs or working with different directors; everyone says things a little differently.
- It’s like HIIT (high intensity interval training) — but for acting; HILT! High Intensity Lesly Training.
- It is making me feel invincible, that I can handle anything thrown at me.
- I love the format, the community, the exposure to material, the re-instilling of lessons, and the lack of pressure but opportunity to perform.
- Get in, get your workout and your acting hours for the day, and get out.
- [MOL is] helping me to get my 10,000 hours. Love the sense of community it is building.
- Looking at sides every day is changing everything!!
- It helps me be professional on set when the script changes and keeps my skills sharp.
- It doesn’t give me time to procrastinate, make excuses or over-think. It’s also helping me deal with my perfectionism. It’s giving me crazy direction. I even find that I have far less anxiety with real auditions.
- It’s like technique on steroids.
- You’re so helpful & brilliant, Lesly! Damn, I wish I had been back in class all this time!!!!
- I am more open in my current auditions.
- My process is more efficient now.
- Getting to tackle new material daily makes me feel like so many “muscles” are getting stronger.
- Daring to suck feels less scary when you have the opportunity to do it more often.
- I am just so thankful for all y’all do to help us achieve our dreams. Lesly has talked about her love of actors in ways that really moved my heart. I am thankful for the confidence y’all are helping me build. Thank you so much for making this option affordable to many more and sharing the love. Also, it is so cool to meet so many more of the students and teachers. This community is fuckin’ rad.
Every participant can attend any or all class sessions. Working Actors may perform in one of the two class sessions per day.
You must have taken the following classes at LK&Co. in order to be eligible for More Or Les (yes, even Undercover Actors!):
- The Acting Essentials or a Comedy Intensive,
- a Technique Clinic, and
- at least one full month of Ongoing classes.
- Working Actor (“WA”)
Performers are selected from this group but should feel no pressure to perform. A limited number of these spots are available. A Working Actor spot allows you to participate in class via video and unmuting. You have the choice to volunteer to perform in any session you attend, up to one class per day.
- Undercover Actor (“UCA”)
Watch and learn.
Whether you are a WA or a UCA, you may
- do it all: prepare, show up and work like mad,
- just watch and get an infusion of reminders, or
- just watch (not highly recommended; you’ll learn so much more if you know the material).
Do what works best for YOU. Do this YOUR way. Do not create yet MORE stress in your life.
While we don’t really mind stressing you out once a week for an Ongoing Class, we don’t want the daily nature of MOL to make you even more anxious than you probably already are. We just want to give you a consistent, less expensive way to improve your craft. You do not need to attend every meeting of More Or Les! Come when you can! Again, it’s like the gym. Sure, you SHOULD go every day, but if you are on set acting with Meryl Streep, you should probably stay right where you are.
Memberships for Working Actors
Working Actors are welcome to pay for class by the month, or you may elect to purchase a Membership that will enable you to save even MORE! (Please know that these prices will go up at some point.)
- A One-Month Membership costs $175 (or $4.37 per class!!!!), and is payable in full.
- A Three-Month Membership costs $450 (or $3.78 per class!!!! You save $75!), and is payable in full or in three monthly installments of $150,
- A Six-Month Membership costs $750 (or $3.12 per class!!!! You save $300!), and is payable in full or in six monthly installments of $125,
- An Annual Membership costs $1100 (or $2.50 per class!!!! You save $825!!) and is payable in full or in 11 installments of $100. An Annual Membership is eleven (not twelve) months because we merge December and January into one month and exclude the weeks we are all off for the holidays
|Membership Length||Cost in Full||Cost per Month||Cost per Class||Savings|
About Membership Plans
- Membership Plans are for Working Actors only.
- Membership Plans are not pro-rated. You pay for the whole month of class even if you begin after the first class of the month.
- Membership Plans are for consecutive months only. They are continuous for the number of months purchased. Memberships may not be stopped and restarted.
- Once a membership begins, there are no refunds. You commit to the designated Membership length and may pay it in full or in monthly installments.
- Should you elect to pay per month as opposed to a lump sum, you will be billed monthly until the entirety of the membership is paid in full. (For actual pricing please see the Cost per Month amount in the chart above). PLEASE NOTE: December & January combined count as one month of class, but our auto billing will bill you in both months. For example, if you purchase a 6-month membership beginning in November, your membership would be for Nov, Dec/Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May. Your payments would be processed in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr. We are tracking the number of payments as well as the months of your membership even though they may not be aligned.
To sign up for a Membership plan, you must save a payment option in our system. During checkout, just check the box that says, “Save payment information to my account for future purchases.”
Some Final Notes:
- Instructions: Instructions for accessing the assignments, your Zoom link, and a full schedule of who is teaching will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours before the first class which will be on Thursday, June 1st from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that address as well as Lesly@LeslyKahn.com, Sierra@LeslyKahn.com and coach@LeslyKahn.com are all in your e-mail safe list.
- Recordings of classes are not made available to participants.
- MOL is a monthly offering; it is not based on number of classes attended.
- There are no make-ups for MOL.
- MOL is not refundable or transferable.
- We do not provide video or audio tapes of the classes. The class generally provides its own notes.