More Or Les (“MOL”) is our high-intensity, twice daily gym workout — for actors. You get to attend up to two acting classes per day (about 40 classes each month!), and can take all of them or show up whenever it works for you.
In the BtS days (aka Before the Strike), MOL was a great option for people who were super busy, feeling a financial pinch or not-so-motivated. But DtS (aka During the strike), it appears to be the thing that will save you. You have to find a way to ensure that when the business comes back, you’re not a rusted out, insecure, bewildered shell of your former fabulous self.
What you need to know about MOL:
- Length of each class: 40–60-minutes,
- Frequency: usually two classes per day,
- When: weekdays, generally between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm Pacific time,
- Where: on Zoom,
- Teachers: Lesly and LK&Co. Faculty with the occasional special guest or two,
- Level: Ongoing,
- Participants: those who have completed at least one month of LK&Co. Ongoing Class (detailed prerequisites below),
- Material: posted the day before each class,
- Cost: shockingly low. Insanely low. Like, SO much less than coffee — anywhere. $2.00-$5.00 PER CLASS!!!!!!!!
Our Ongoing Classes remain the bedrock of our foundation. MOL is simple a fast-paced, freakishly low-priced alternative (or add-on, if you like) to our program.
Actors say MOL is like bootcamp. You get to work on two auditions and several roles every day, so your real auditions and self-tapes become far less precious, and your work on set becomes not-at-all terrifying, rather predictable and – dare we say it? MUCH more fun, effortless and easy.
“I remember when I shot my first guest star on a major network show. Everything was new and fresh and exciting. I was thrilled and terrified. For me, it was the greatest day of my life! For everyone else? It was Tuesday.” – A VERY loose paraphrase of something actor/screenwriter Ryan Raddatz once said
MOL is for actors who
- don’t have time for a long, weekly, in-depth, personalized Ongoing class and rehearsals, but still want to stay in the game by expanding their skills, improving their habits, interacting within a community, and deepening those new neural pathways,
- are in Ongoing Class but want/need additional daily accountability, and
- want to learn but do not always have time to fully prepare and perform.
Here is a smattering of some of the mind-blowing feedback we’ve received:
- I haven’t booked in forever, and I booked a job!
- My reps are so much happier with my work now. They say my tapes are getting great response from casting!
- Bootcamp without the torture!
- I took More or Les because the new realities of the industry have made finding full-time work necessary and I can’t afford Ongoing. This was the best class to take that could fit my work schedule and still hold me accountable to do some kind rehearsal and acting work. I probably make it to one class a week and I still feel like I am getting my money’s worth. The classes and hearing your wisdom on repeat always make me work that extra bit harder on my auditions and figure out what I am missing. It has led to being pinned or short-listed many a time. It also has helped my writing for my own projects.
- Is everyone in class in the same level, no. Is there something we can learn from everyone at every level? Yes! I rehearse with people all the time. I use every new partner to think, “What would I do on set right now?”
- I am a working actor who was part of your professional Tuesday night ongoing and I still get something from your More or Les class every week.
- I LOVE the structure of the class. It’s no bullshit. No wasting time. No feelings. It’s great.
- Even just from watching MOL classes for the past few months, now I’m cringing at things I missed in some of my recent work. Grrrrr!!! At least I can see my weak spots more clearly thanks to MOL! THANK YOU, LES!!!!
- Having the rotating teachers feels like going in for different CDs or working with different directors; everyone says things a little differently.
- It’s like HIIT (high intensity interval training) — but for acting; HILT! High Intensity Lesly Training.
- It is making me feel invincible, that I can handle anything thrown at me.
- I love the format, the community, the exposure to material, the re-instilling of lessons, and the lack of pressure but opportunity to perform.
- Get in, get your workout and your acting hours for the day, and get out.
- [MOL is] helping me to get my 10,000 hours. Love the sense of community it is building.
- Looking at sides every day is changing everything!!
- It helps me be professional on set when the script changes and keeps my skills sharp.
- It doesn’t give me time to procrastinate, make excuses or over-think. It’s also helping me deal with my perfectionism. It’s giving me crazy direction. I even find that I have far less anxiety with real auditions.
- It’s like technique on steroids.
- You’re so helpful & brilliant, Lesly! Damn, I wish I had been back in class all this time!!!!
- I am more open in my current auditions.
- My process is more efficient now.
- Getting to tackle new material daily makes me feel like so many “muscles” are getting stronger.
- Daring to suck feels less scary when you have the opportunity to do it more often.
- I am just so thankful for all y’all do to help us achieve our dreams. Lesly has talked about her love of actors in ways that really moved my heart. I am thankful for the confidence y’all are helping me build. Thank you so much for making this option affordable to many more and sharing the love. Also, it is so cool to meet so many more of the students and teachers. This community is fuckin’ rad.
You must have taken the following classes at LK&Co. in order to be eligible for More Or Les (yes, even Undercover Actors!):
- The Acting Essentials or a Comedy Intensive,
- a Technique Clinic, and
- at least one full month of Ongoing classes.
1. Working Actors (“WA”)
a. participate in class via video and audio, and
b. may request to perform in up to one class per day.
c. A limited number of WA spots are available.
2. Undercover Actors (“UCA”)
a. watch and learn, and
b. may attend any or all class sessions.
3. Both WA’s and UCAs may
a. do it all: prepare, show up and work like mad,
b. prepare, show up, just watch and get an infusion of reminders, or
c. just watch (not recommended; you’ll learn so much more if you know the material!).
Memberships for Working Actors
Working Actors are welcome to pay for class by the month, or you may purchase a Membership that will enable you to save even MORE!
- A One-Month Membership costs $175 (or $4.37 per class!!!!) and is payable in full.
- A Three-Month Membership costs $450 (or $3.78 per class!!!! You save $75!), and is payable in full or in three monthly installments of $150,
- A Six-Month Membership costs $750 (or $3.12 per class!!!! You save $300!), and is payable in full or in six monthly installments of $125,
- An Annual Membership costs $1100 (or $2.50 per class!!!! You save $825!!) and is payable in full or in 11 installments of $100. An Annual Membership is eleven (not twelve) months because we merge December and January into one month and exclude holiday weeks.
|Membership Length||Cost in Full||Cost per Month||Cost per Class||Savings|
About Membership Plans
- Membership Plans are for Working Actors only.
- Membership Plans are not pro-rated. You pay for the whole month of class even if you begin after the first class of the month. Why???? Because we are trying to keep the costs of this class dooooooowwwwn. The more administration we have to do the more we have to charge, so we’re trying to do as little as possible!!!!
- Membership Plans are for consecutive months only. They are continuous for the number of months purchased. Memberships may not be stopped and restarted.
- Once a membership begins, there are no refunds. You commit to the designated Membership length and may pay it in full or in monthly installments.
- Should you elect to pay per month as opposed to a lump sum, you will be billed monthly until the entirety of the membership is paid in full. (For actual pricing please see the Cost per Month amount in the chart above). PLEASE NOTE: December & January combined count as one month of class, but our auto billing will bill you in both months. For example, if you purchase a 6-month membership beginning in November, your membership would be for Nov, Dec/Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and May. Your payments would be processed in Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar, and Apr. We are tracking the number of payments as well as the months of your membership even though they may not be aligned.
To sign up for a Membership plan, you must save a payment option in our system. During checkout, just check the box that says, “Save payment information to my account for future purchases.”
Some Final Notes:
- Instructions: Instructions for accessing the assignments, your Zoom link, and a full schedule of who is teaching when will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours before the first class from email@example.com. Please be sure that address as well as Lesly@LeslyKahn.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, and email@example.com are all in your e-mail safe list.
- Recording of class is prohibited.
- Our recordings of classes are not made available to participants.
- MOL is a monthly offering; it is not based on the number of classes attended.
- There are no make-ups for MOL.
- MOL is not refundable or transferable.