While we are continuing to offer our longer, four to six hour weekly Ongoing classes, we’re also now experimenting with daily, 30–60-minute classes as well.
We’ve done three beta test groups so far and continue to be blown away by the responses. Like:
- It’s FANTASTIC. Take my goddamn money!
- I’m here to level up and this realllllly motivates me to do so! Bootcamp without the torture!
- I LOVE the structure of the class. It’s no bullshit. No wasting time. No feelings. It’s great. And no guilt if you can’t make a class or aren’t prepared. You can watch and still learn without pressure or awkwardness.
- It’s like HIIT (high intensity interval training) — but for acting; HILT! High Intensity Lesly Training.
- Looking at sides every day is changing everything!!
- LOVE this class. Love how non-fat it is. Love the quick pace. Love that we get straight to the work and to the notes.
- Get in, get your workout and your acting hours for the day, and get out.
- This class is much more applicable for the constantly auditioning actor because you get to touch more material each week and be constantly reminded of the things that we learned about in Intensive and Clinic.
- It’s like technique on steroids.
- It’s a privilege to get to go to class and get notes. If you want personal training, hire a personal trainer. This is a gym. 80% is in the kitchen (rehearsal).
- The pace of this class is for me. It’s to the point. I’m here to know how to master this scene so that I can apply the lessons to the audition I have 20 minutes after or the day on set I have tomorrow etc.
- My process is more efficient now.
- Getting to tackle new material daily makes me feel like so many “muscles” are getting stronger.
- I love the format, the community, the exposure to material, the re-instilling of lessons, and the lack of pressure but opportunity to perform.
- Every single class is so different but is also a reminder of the things that we sometimes forget.
- I love not having the PRESSURE to perform especially when some days we have five other auditions and we just want to enjoy learning from you for a [while] before going to tape for the rest of the day.
- The energy is boosting me up and inspiring me. I’m learning so much about navigating this new normal of self-tapes, and my confidence is coming back.
- My motivation has increased. That’s over 80% of it.
- It is making me feel invincible, that I can handle anything thrown at me and that is a good thing.
- Daring to suck feels less scary when you have the opportunity to do it more often.
This time we’re running the class for FOUR weeks and offering TWO classes each weekday. That’s 40 classes in all! Lesly’s teaching and so are Dan, Lisa, Grant, Rex, Jessica and Alison! And maybe we’ll surprise you with some special guests as well!
We’ll post two short pieces of material the night before each class (one for each class the next day) so there won’t be much prep involved.
If you have five auditions the next day, no problem, you don’t have to act if you’re crazy busy with other shit. You don’t even have to come to class if you don’t want to. On occasion, you might find that your MOL assignment is the same as an Ongoing Class assignment.
If you miss class, you can study the assigned material and then review the notes posted after class. We do not provide video or audio tapes of the classes.
You MUST have taken the following classes at LK&Co. in order to be eligible for More Or Les:
- The Acting Essentials or a Comedy Intensive,
- a Technique Clinic, and
- at least one full month of Ongoing classes.
There are two participation levels available:
- Working Actors – $125 (that’s $3.12 per class, y’all!)
A limited number of these spots are available. Each class’s performers will be selected from among the Working Actors.
- Undercover Actors – $70 (that’s $1.75 per class, y’all!)
Watch and learn.
These classes are geared toward actors who
- don’t have time for a long, weekly, Ongoing class and rehearsals, but still want to expand their skills, improve their habits, have a community and stay in the game, or
- are in Ongoing Class but also want/need daily accountability, or
- want to learn but don’t have time to fully prepare and perform.
Depending on your participation level, you’re welcome to
- do it all: prepare, show up and work,
- just watch and get an infusion of reminders,
- prepare and just watch, or
- even cold read (if you dare, after watching a couple people work).
We don’t want this class to stress you out! We just want to give you another way to improve your craft! Please do not feel like you have to attend every meeting of the class! Come when you can! It’s like the gym. Sure you SHOULD go every day, but if you’re on set acting with Meryl Streep, you should probably stay there.
Please join us for our fourth beta test … starting next week!
More Or Les pilot 4.0 schedule
- Thurs., Aug. 4 at 12:30 pm & 5 pm
- Fri., Aug. 5 at 11 am & 5 pm
- Mon., Aug. 8 at 10 am & 2 pm
- Tues., Aug. 9 at 11 am & 5 pm
- Wed., Aug. 10 at 1 pm & 8 pm
- Thurs., Aug. 11 at 1 pm & 5 pm
- Fri., Aug. 12 at 1 pm & 5 pm
- Mon., Aug. 15 at 11 am & 2 pm
- Tues., Aug. 16 at 11 am & 5 pm
- Wed., Aug. 17 at 11 am & 3 pm
- Thurs., Aug. 18 at 11 am & 5 pm
- Fri., Aug. 19 at 1 pm & 5 pm
- Mon., Aug. 22 at 11 am & 2 pm
- Tues., Aug. 23 at 12 pm & 4 pm
- Wed., Aug. 24 at 12 pm & 7 pm
- Thurs., Aug. 25 at 1 pm & 5:30 pm
- Fri., Aug. 26 at 10 am & 5 pm
- Mon., Aug. 29 at 11 am & 6 pm
- Tues., Aug. 30 at 11 am & 4 pm
- Wed., Aug. 31 at 11 am & 4 pm (final class followed by a 30-minute feedback conversation at the end)
All times are Pacific. All classes take place on Zoom.
More Or Les Membership
As we’re still in the beta testing phase, we are currently offering More Or Les at a significantly reduced cost and limiting the number of Working Actor spots.
We’ve received incredible feedback and ideas about offering more classes and including more Working Actor spots, so that’s what we’re trying this time around! More Working Actor spots and more classes. We are building something new here. Each round we work out another kink or two. And we thank you for all of your help.
Should you choose to sign up for this pilot 4.0, we ask that you provide us with lots of honest feedback in exchange. It would be great if you could stay late for the last session on August 31 to share what worked and didn’t work. We’ll also share a survey with you to gather your thoughts periodically.
Recordings of classes will not be available. There are no make-ups. More Or Les is not refundable or transferable.
Please add the dates to your calendar when you sign up. The Zoom link and schedule will be emailed to you approximately 24 hours before the first class from firstname.lastname@example.org.