We’re in the midst of developing a new kind of class structure and we’d love to have your help and participation. While we are continuing to offer our longer, four to six hour Ongoing classes every week, we’re now experimenting with daily, 30–60-minute classes as well.
We did our first beta test group last month and were blown away by the responses. Like:
- It’s LK on crack!
- It’s like HIIT (high intensity interval training) — but for acting; HILT! High Intensity Lesly Training.
- LOVE this class. Love how non-fat it is. Love the quick pace. Love that we get straight to the work and to the notes.
- Get in, get your workout and your acting hours for the day, and get out.
- I LOVE the structure of the class. It’s no bullshit. No wasting time. No feelings. It’s great. And no guilt if you can’t make a class or aren’t prepared. You can watch and still learn without pressure or awkwardness.
- It was FANTASTIC. Take my goddamn money!
- The pace of this class is for me. It’s to the point. I’m here to know how to master this scene so that I can apply the lessons to the audition I have 20 minutes after or the day on set I have tomorrow etc.
- It’s a good way to just stay sharp, and get the technique reinforced.
- Les went right into breaking down the scene, which is why I signed up for these classes.
- Every single class is so different but is also a reminder of the things that we sometimes forget.
- I love not having the PRESSURE to perform especially when some days we have five other auditions and we just want to enjoy learning from you for a [while] before going to tape for the rest of the day.
- It was PERFECT!
- The pressure is off but the ability to learn is on.
- Daily practice without the added stress of feeling “on the spot.”
- This class is much more applicable for the constantly auditioning actor because you get to touch more material each week and be constantly reminded of the things that we learned about in Intensive and Clinic.
This time we’re running the class for two weeks. Lesly will teach three to four sessions each week, Dan Sanders-Joyce will teach one or two.
We’ll post a short piece of material the night before each class so there won’t be much prep involved. If you have five auditions the next day, no problem, you don’t have to act if you don’t want to. Some assignments might be the same as those posted for Ongoings.
These classes are geared toward actors who
- don’t have time for a long, weekly, Ongoing class and rehearsals, but still want to expand their skills, improve their habits, have a community and stay in the game, or
- are in Ongoing Class but also want/need daily accountability, or
- want to learn but don’t have time to fully prepare and perform.
You’re welcome to
- do it all: prepare, show up and work,
- just watch and get an infusion of reminders,
- prepare and just watch, or
- even cold read (if you dare, after watching a couple people work).
We want you to have this additional opportunity but we don’t want it to be an added stressor in your day!
Please join us for our second beta test … starting next week!
More Or Les pilot 2.0 schedule
- Wednesday, June 15, 11:00am with Lesly Kahn
- Thursday, June 16, 8:00pm with Dan Sanders-Joyce
- Friday, June 17, 5:00pm with Lesly Kahn
- Saturday, June 18, 12:00pm with Lesly Kahn
- Monday, June 20, 3:00pm with Lesly Kahn
- Tuesday, June 21, 2:00pm with Dan Sanders-Joyce
- Wednesday, June 22, 3:00pm with Lesly Kahn
- Thursday, June 23, 8:00am with Dan Sanders-Joyce
- Friday, June 24, 5:00pm with Lesly Kahn
- Saturday, June 25, 11:00am with Lesly Kahn
All times are Pacific. All classes take place on Zoom.
You must have taken the following classes at LK&Co. in order to be eligible for More Or Les:
- The Acting Essentials or a Comedy Intensive,
- a Technique Clinic, and
- at least one full month of Ongoing classes.
More Or Les Membership
As we’re still in the beta testing phase, we are currently offering More Or Les at a significantly reduced cost. Should you choose to sign up, we ask that you provide us with a plethora of honest feedback in exchange.
There are two participation levels available:
- Working Actors – $65 for ten classes (don’t panic! You don’t have to work in every class), and
- Undercover Actors – $35 for ten classes (audit! Watch and learn).
Since this pilot sold out so quickly for Working Actors, we added a Join the Waitlist option in case a spot opens up AND so we know you’re interested in this type of class structure in the future!